This option is currently sold out.
SCENT NOTES: Labdanum, Vanilla, Opopanax, Copal, Saffron, Benzoin, Cistus
DETAILS: In ancient times, goats were sent to wander through fields of rockrose to gather the precious resin of labdanum that the flowers produced by catching it amongst their fur. The Egyptian god Osiris is often depicted wielding a scepter, but what has been interpreted as the scepter of Osiris was actually more likely a tool used to remove and collect labdanum resin directly from the goats who had gathered it. Even the beards worn by Egyptian pharaohs and gods which were known to be saturated with precious oils were meant to represent the beards of goats used to collect labdanum. It is from this understanding that we continue to honor the unending tradition of labdanum.
Exotic rays of radiant saffron swirl through the air. Ethereal wisps of opoponax blend with grounding African copal to create a sense of relaxing pleasantly between two worlds. Labdanum, the resin of rockrose, and cistus, extracted from the leaves of rockrose, combine to form the heart and soul of this resinous accord, enhanced and augmented by bourbon vanilla and tears of benzoin.
- Lid acts as burner
- 20+ cones per tin
- Burning time: 15 min approx.
- Scent longevity: 2-6 hours (medium size room)
HOW TO BURN CONE INCENSE
1. Select a heat resistant burner such as a traditional cone incense burner, stone, seashell, tile or dish.
2. Place burner on a stable surface away from flamable objects, children and pets.
3. Carefully light the tip of the cone and let burn for 10 to 15 seconds until an ember has formed and then blow out.
4. Allow to smoke until the cone has burned all the way through.
5. Dispose of ash in water to prevent risk of fire.
6. Keep your burner clean by scooping ash or washing away residue. Salt and sand make great bases for your burner.